Technical Design Assistant
Imperfects is looking for a talented and motivated individual to join our design team as a Technical Design Assistant.
Up to the task? Here’s a taste of the responsibilities:
- Manage and update Tech Packs & BOMs.
- Updating size charts and sizing notes in our online shop.
- Working with designers to translate their concepts into production-ready specifications.
- Sourcing materials and trims based on specifications.
- Coordinating with factories and vendors on technical details.
- Participating in sample development and fit testing.
- Communicate regularly regarding sample timing, production issues, and product management.
- Ensure all production stays on schedule to hit deadlines.
- Assisting with pattern edits and grading.
This job might be for you if you’ve got:
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, Apparel Design, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of garment construction and technical specifications.
- Experience using any design software, especially Adobe Illustrator or similar.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and organized.
- A passion for fashion and apparel design.
What we have to offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Gain valuable experience in all aspects of the technical design process.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Work sponsored events and happy hours, including Wellness Wednesdays
- Be a part of a fast-paced and growing company.
- Make a real impact on the products we design and sell.
To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter to your online portfolio to email@example.com.
Industry: FMCG / Ecommerce (Surf, Skate & Apparel)
Job title: Technical Design Assistant
Employment type: Full time
Location: On site in San Diego, California is required.
About the company::
Imperfects responsibly crafts goods for The Human Experience ™ , and began as a mantra our founder, Mike Lynch, called upon for the daily courage to continue expressing himself as an artist.
After repeatedly reminding himself that creation comes from imperfection and that the differences among us make the actual difference, for Mike Imperfects became an apt label under which he began producing surf and skate craft and designing apparel.
Today, Imperfects is a growing concept producing unique surf, skate, and apparel from our showroom and warehouse in San Diego, CA. We are a diverse group of humans who have made it our mission to help others realize, your strengths are your imperfections and they make you unique and one of a kind.